I am pretty sure this "food obsession" I have is in fact doing the opposite of what I want to do.
Counting calories, having to monitor every single thing that goes into my mouth has made things worse for me. I constantly think of food, I constantly worry about what the scale will say and it is actually pissing me off.
With thinking of food all the time and planning my next meal I am causing myself to binge uncontrollably. I have never done this before. Last night after working really hard and having a great low cal day. I sat down and ate a huge bowl of oats ... WTF?
It's like my mind is sabotaging me or some thing. Before I became "obsessed" with trying to eat healthy I think I actually ate a whole lot less. Well the proof is that I lost a fair amount of weight by just eating only when I was hungry.
Now I am not hungry but I am already plotting what I should eat today ... STUPID or what?
So for the next week I am going to try to go back to how things were before ... eat when hungry, when I eat I will make it healthy low fat food. I will not weigh myself until next week Friday and see what happens.
Now I have all these low cal muffins, fruit, veg the fridge is stocked with all these good foods and yet it taunts me as I have to ration myself constantly.
I swear to god every time I look at the fridge those god damn muffins start up a mantra of "eat me, eat me!!!"
So out went the muffins, out went all the "low cal - good snacks" that I had baked. That is food that I do not ordinarily eat.
Back to basics ...
Breakfast will be fruit & maple water.
Lunch will be smoothy or soup.
Dinner will be salad.
Keep it simple, get rid of the snacks and lets try it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment