Monday, April 21, 2008

Alcohol

I gave up alcohol a good number of weeks ago now .... hmmmm perhaps even over 2 months?


Over the week-end I put a few drops of Rum into my afternoon drinks (sparkling lemon/lime water) it added an interesting taste. When I say a few drops I mean my entire alcohol intake was 2 grams per drink so gave me an alcohol % so low I reasoned it was not even worth considering alcoholic. Both Saturday and Sunday I ended up with raging head aches. I think even at such a low addition of alcohol my body said "No way, not a chance, ain't lettin ya". I find this rather interesting that my body has rejected alcohol to such an extent ... from being a heavy drinker to not even being able to touch even a drop kind of makes me quite proud of my body.


Wish it would react like that to "bad" foods, perhaps a little nausea when I look at fatty or sweet food ... hmmmm?

No comments: